Applications for this role are now closed. Please go back to view all available jobs.
- Location: Parramatta, Sydney NSW
- Work-type: Full Time
- Category: Project Management Office
- Expires: Sept. 22, 2019 at 5 p.m.
- Salary: $90000 - $100000
- Senior level position within the aquatic industry
- Be the subject matter expert within the aquatics space
- Based in Parramatta with some travel involved
About the role
We have a unique opportunity that has become available within the Y; this role is an integral part of the Aquatics team. You will oversee sites that have Aquatics programs across NSW and ACT.
As part of this role, you will also be required to do some travel, sometimes Interstate, to represent the interests of the Y NSW.
Reporting to the Head of Product and Implementations, you will drive the strategic direction, development and growth of all NSW & ACT Aquatics operations focussing on income generation, service quality whilst providing visionary leadership and building strong, collaborative relationships with all internal and external stakeholders.
What you will come with
- AUSTSWIM Teacher of Swimming & Water safety OR equivalent
- AUSTSWIM Teacher of Infant Preschool Aquatics
- Previous teaching experience
- Significant industry knowledge and experience of managing swim school operations or equivalent, preferably across multiple businesses and or Centres
- Knowledge of Community Recreation
- Knowledge of Facility Contract Management
- Experience in managing staff
- Experience in financial management including developing and managing budgets
- Highly developed observation and reporting skills
- First Aid and CPR qualifications
About the Y
YMCA NSW is a profit-for-purpose organisation focused on healthy living, social impact and empowering young people. We operate 22 recreation centres, 63 Out of School Hours Care services and two camping locations which fund our diverse range of community programs, employing 1800 staff across NSW.
Our goal is for our workforce to reflect the diverse community we serve. We encourage people of all genders, ages, religions, disability, sexual orientation, family & caring responsibilities & cultures including people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage to apply.
Commitment to Safeguarding
YMCA, including Boards of Directors, is committed to the safety and wellbeing of children and young people in accordance with our Safeguarding Children and Young People framework. YMCA requires that all applicants undergo satisfactory screening prior to commencement, including but not limited to:
- a national criminal history check;
- an international criminal history check where applicants have worked overseas;
- holding or obtaining a Working with Children Clearance/ equivalent in accordance with state/ territory laws;
- Two reference checks.
Please note, the results of any National and International Police Check will only be used to assess your suitability to perform the role.
Any successfully appointed applicant will be required to adhere to the Safeguarding Children and Young People framework, which includes a thorough safeguarding children and young people induction and committing to upholding the safety and wellbeing of children and young people throughout their engagement with YMCA.