Applications for this role are now closed. Please go back to view all available jobs.
- Location: Gungahlin, ACT
- Work-type: Casual
- Category: Recreation
- Expires: Sept. 30, 2019 at 11 p.m.
- Salary: $27 - $28 per hour
- Come with a strong focus on the care and safety of the children in our care
- Based at Gungahlin Leisure Centre
- Supportive team environment
We are currently in search for a crèche Assistant to come join the team at Gungahlin Leisure Centre.
The successful candidates will be required to work between the hours of 8.30am - 12pm monday to friday.
About the role
Reporting to the Frontline Coordinator, the first and primary measure of the success as a Crèche Assistant will be to support the Coordinator to manage the overall quality of the management and administration of the operations of the Crèche Service. You will work to ensure the service's philosophy, policies and procedures are implemented, and Childcare National Standards are met as minimum operational standards for the Crèche service.
What you will come with:
- Ability to interact with children in a positive, sensitive and respectful manner.
- Recognition of the needs of children and the ability to nurture and support children new to the service.
- Ability to cope in an emergency or in a stressful situation
- CPR Certificate
- First Aid Certificate
- available to work 8.30am-12pm Monday to Friday
YMCA NSW is dedicated to offering rewarding careers with challenging work and many opportunities to learn and grow. If you have strong personal values, care about people and want to make a difference in building strong individuals, families and communities, YMCA NSW could be the place for you. We are an equal opportunity employer that welcomes diversity and offers flexible work arrangements to support our employees as well as encourage work life balance!
About the Y
YMCA NSW is a profit-for-purpose organisation focused on healthy living, social impact and empowering young people. We operate 22 recreation centres, 63 Out of School Hours Care services and two camping locations which fund our diverse range of community programs, employing 1800 staff across NSW.
Our goal is for our workforce to reflect the diverse community we serve. We encourage people of all genders, ages, religions, disability, sexual orientation, family & caring responsibilities & cultures including people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage to apply.
Commitment to Safeguarding
YMCA, including Boards of Directors, is committed to the safety and wellbeing of children and young people in accordance with our Safeguarding Children and Young People framework. YMCA requires that all applicants undergo satisfactory screening prior to commencement, including but not limited to:
- a national criminal history check;
- an international criminal history check where applicants have worked overseas;
- holding or obtaining a Working with Children Clearance/ equivalent in accordance with state/ territory laws;
- Two reference checks.
Please note, the results of any National and International Police Check will only be used to assess your suitability to perform the role.
Any successfully appointed applicant will be required to adhere to the Safeguarding Children and Young People framework, which includes a thorough safeguarding children and young people induction and committing to upholding the safety and wellbeing of children and young people throughout their engagement with YMCA.