Creche Team Leader
- Location: Taree, NSW
- Work-type: Part time
- Category: Recreation
- Expires: Sept. 22, 2019 at midnight
- Part Time role - 10 hours a week
- Oversee the development, implementation and evaluation of the daily creche routines and programs
- Lead and support a small dynamic team
Rare opportunity for an enthusiastic, customer service driven Creche Team Leader to join the team at Manning Aquatic Centre. The role will see you work from 9AM to 12PM, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
About the role
Reporting to the Centre Manager, you will lead and support a small team of 4 Creche Assistants in the supervision of children whilst their parents/carers are using the facility. You will be responsible for ensuring all patrons/children in your care receive the highest possible level of service.
Key Areas of Responsibility include (but are not limited to):
- Ensure care and safety of all children daily
- The program reflects the multi-cultural diversity of the community
- Monitoring bookings, cancellations and waiting lists
- Support in rostering of staff
- Overseeing the compliance of all staff
- Provide direction and guidance to all staff
- Plan and allocate cleaning responsibilities
- Ensure good communications between families, children and staff
- Plan community events to connect families and staff throughout the year
- Handling petty cash
Ideally, you will have worked in a similar role with the ability to interact with children in a positive, sensitive and respectful manner. You are a creative individual and possess great interpersonal and communication skills. You have a passion for customer service and thrive in a face paced environment.
- Current First Aid certificate (HLTAID004)
- Current CPR Certificate
- Working with Children Check
- Cert III in children Services or equivalent (desirable)
About the Y
YMCA NSW is a profit-for-purpose organisation focused on healthy living, social impact and empowering young people. We operate 22 recreation centres, 63 Out of School Hours Care services and two camping locations which fund our diverse range of community programs, employing 1800 staff across NSW.
Our goal is for our workforce to reflect the diverse community we serve. We encourage people of all genders, ages, religions, disability, sexual orientation, family & caring responsibilities & cultures including people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage to apply.
Commitment to Safeguarding
YMCA, including Boards of Directors, is committed to the safety and wellbeing of children and young people in accordance with our Safeguarding Children and Young People framework. YMCA requires that all applicants undergo satisfactory screening prior to commencement, including but not limited to:
- a national criminal history check;
- an international criminal history check where applicants have worked overseas;
- holding or obtaining a Working with Children Clearance/ equivalent in accordance with state/ territory laws;
- Two reference checks.
Please note, the results of any National and International Police Check will only be used to assess your suitability to perform the role.
Any successfully appointed applicant will be required to adhere to the Safeguarding Children and Young People framework, which includes a thorough safeguarding children and young people induction and committing to upholding the safety and wellbeing of children and young people throughout their engagement with YMCA.