Applications for this role are now closed. Please go back to view all available jobs.
Customer Service Officer
- Location: Penrith, NSW
- Work-type: Casual, Part time & Full time
- Category: Recreation
- Expires: Nov. 17, 2019 at 11 p.m.
- Salary: $27 - $28 per hour
- Be a part of creating great experiences for members of our community
- Provide first class service to all members and guests
- You will be the first and last person our members see in our facility
Our customer service officers are passionate about creating awesome experiences and building strong relationships within the community at our Penrith location.
About the role
Working a flexible roster across 7 days between the hours of 8:00AM and 9:00PM, Customer Service Officers act as the first point of contact for our customers.
Reporting to the Frontline Coordinator, the role will see you meet and greet customers, respond to internal and external enquiries via email, phone calls and face to face as well as perform general administration tasks. You will ensure all enquiries, bookings and issues are managed accurately and support other departments when required. The role will give you the opportunity to build strong customer experiences and lasting relationships with our members and guests.
You are self-motivated and have a passion for customer satisfaction. You thrive in a fast paced environment and enjoy problem solving. Your superior customer service and admin skills along with your ability to build rapport with people will see you excel in this role!
You will also come with the following
- Current CPR certificate
- Previous experience in administration/customer service role (desirable)
- Previous experience in sales (desirable)
About the Y
YMCA NSW is a profit-for-purpose organisation focused on healthy living, social impact and empowering young people. We operate 22 recreation centres, 63 Out of School Hours Care services and two camping locations which fund our diverse range of community programs, employing 1800 staff across NSW.
Our goal is for our workforce to reflect the diverse community we serve. We encourage people of all genders, ages, religions, disability, sexual orientation, family & caring responsibilities & cultures including people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage to apply.
Commitment to Safeguarding
YMCA, including Boards of Directors, is committed to the safety and wellbeing of children and young people in accordance with our Safeguarding Children and Young People framework. YMCA requires that all applicants undergo satisfactory screening prior to commencement, including but not limited to:
- a national criminal history check;
- an international criminal history check where applicants have worked overseas;
- holding or obtaining a Working with Children Clearance/ equivalent in accordance with state/ territory laws;
- Two reference checks.
Any successfully appointed applicant will be required to adhere to the Safeguarding Children and Young People framework, which includes a thorough safeguarding children and young people induction and committing to upholding the safety and wellbeing of children and young people throughout their engagement with YMCA.