Duty Manager Opportunities
- Location: West Pymble, NSW
- Work-type: Casual
- Category: Recreation
- Expires: Oct. 27, 2019 at 10 p.m.
- Kick start a career in Aquatics by becoming a YMCA Duty Manager
- Opportunity for career progression and development
- Don't have your qualifications? We will help you get this!
Do you have your Lifeguard and Pool Operations qualifications and looking for your next role, or have you always thought about a career in the aquatics industry and just do not have the qualifications?
You have come to the right place!
The team at West Pymble would be super excited to have you join the Centre. You will be coming into a fun energetic environment where no two days are ever the same, with a supportive leadership team and fellow colleagues. They just have one thing on their mind and it is all about the safety of the members and guests who visit the facility.
About your new role
You will be reporting to the Operations Coordinator, however your shift will consist of leading a team of approx. 4-5 Lifeguards and be a visible presence to support and guide them on shift. You will also do regular water testing and chemical balancing of all pools in the facility. You will be the first point of contact when management have left for the day or not available in all aspects of the facility. This role will also consist of you covering breaks for Lifeguards on your shift and in all other departments in the facility. Ideally we would require you to work between the hours of 4.30am to 9.30pm on weekdays and/or 6am to 6.30pm on weekends
- Have a fun and engaging attitude for your role
- Have great time management skills
- Ability to deal with conflict resolution
To be successful in the role, you will have
- Aquatic Technical Operations Certificate (Pool Ops)/Plant room experience (desirable) or we will help you get this
- Pool Lifeguard Licence (desirable) or we will help you get this
- Current Senior First Aid and CPR (desirable) or we will help you get this
About the Y
YMCA NSW is a profit-for-purpose organisation focused on healthy living, social impact and empowering young people. We operate 22 recreation centres, 63 Out of School Hours Care services and two camping locations which fund our diverse range of community programs, employing 1800 staff across NSW.
Our goal is for our workforce to reflect the diverse community we serve. We encourage people of all genders, ages, religions, disability, sexual orientation, family & caring responsibilities & cultures including people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage to apply.
Commitment to Safeguarding
YMCA, including Boards of Directors, is committed to the safety and wellbeing of children and young people in accordance with our Safeguarding Children and Young People framework. YMCA requires that all applicants undergo satisfactory screening prior to commencement, including but not limited to:
- a national criminal history check;
- an international criminal history check where applicants have worked overseas;
- holding or obtaining a Working with Children Clearance/ equivalent in accordance with state/ territory laws;
- Two reference checks.
Please note, the results of any National and International Police Check will only be used to assess your suitability to perform the role.
Any successfully appointed applicant will be required to adhere to the Safeguarding Children and Young People framework, which includes a thorough safeguarding children and young people induction and committing to upholding the safety and wellbeing of children and young people throughout their engagement with YMCA.