Applications for this role are now closed. Please go back to view all available jobs.
- Location: West Pymble, NSW
- Work-type: Casual
- Category: Recreation
- Expires: Dec. 15, 2019 at 10 p.m.
- Work with us, not rent from us
- Join our Y family, passionate about building communities
- Opportunities for growth & development within fitness & the greater community recreation industries
YMCA Ku-ring-gai Fitness & Aquatic Centre are looking for dynamic and engaging fitness professionals wanting to make a positive impact to the health and wellbeing of their local community.
About the role
Our Fitness Instructors love what they do, to inspire, encourage and educate our fitness members to be better versions of themselves. You will be open to working with us on a casual basis, with various hours per week initially on offer. Working a flexible roster across the 7 days of the week, this may include mornings, day and evenings with some weekends as a required.
You will be comfortable as the go-to person on our Gym floor, easily connect with our members and work with them to achieve greater fitness and wellbeing. Health and fitness is part of who you are, not just your job, you're a team player and maintain high standards in the way you work and engage with others.
As part of your role, you will also have the opportunity to build up your own client base and conduct PT shifts.
What we need from You:
- Certificate III & IV in fitness
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Current CPR Certificate
- Current AusREPS Registration
What you can expect from us:
- Flexible working hours
- A high energy team environment
- Detailed induction with ongoing support and training
- Opportunity to contribute to the development of areas you are passionate about
- YMCA Employee benefits including; free gym membership, uniform, access to salary packaging and other great benefits
- Rent free progression to our Personal Training Team (Certificate IV in Fitness required)
- Be part of a family, not just another staff member
- Opportunity for career progression within YMCA NSW, multiple development pathways available within Fitness or the greater Recreation industry
About the Y
YMCA NSW is a profit-for-purpose organisation focused on healthy living, social impact and empowering young people. We operate 22 recreation centres, 63 Out of School Hours Care services and two camping locations which fund our diverse range of community programs, employing 1800 staff across NSW.
Our goal is for our workforce to reflect the diverse community we serve. We encourage people of all genders, ages, religions, disability, sexual orientation, family & caring responsibilities & cultures including people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage to apply.
Commitment to Safeguarding
YMCA, including Boards of Directors, is committed to the safety and wellbeing of children and young people in accordance with our Safeguarding Children and Young People framework. YMCA requires that all applicants undergo satisfactory screening prior to commencement, including but not limited to:
- a national criminal history check;
- an international criminal history check where applicants have worked overseas;
- holding or obtaining a Working with Children Clearance/ equivalent in accordance with state/ territory laws;
- Two reference checks.
Please note, the results of any National and International Police Check will only be used to assess your suitability to perform the role.
Any successfully appointed applicant will be required to adhere to the Safeguarding Children and Young People framework, which includes a thorough safeguarding children and young people induction and committing to upholding the safety and wellbeing of children and young people throughout their engagement with YMCA.