Applications for this role are now closed. Please go back to view all available jobs.
Youth Programs Manager
- Location: Parramatta, NSW
- Work-type: Full Time
- Category: Community Services
- Expires: Oct. 6, 2019 at 10 p.m.
- Newly created full time role
- Lead a dynamic youth team
- Management of youth programs and stakeholder engagement at a state and national level
A newly created role for an experienced manager to lead a small team and manage youth programs in NSW.
About your new role
Reporting to the Executive Leader of Youth and Community Services, this role will be responsible for the overall development of best practice of youth programs in NSW.
The role will see you manage and coordinate the national roll out of Streetgym as well as oversee the management of YMCA youth programs based in the metropolitan area of NSW.
You will be accountable for building our presence in the youth sector and advocate the youth agenda within the organisation. It is important that you be innovative in your approach particularly in seeking and developing new program and partnership opportunities.
In addition, you will have exceptional organisational skills, the capacity to lead a team and a strong commitment to working within the YMCA NSW policy framework.
This position is an operational management role and will require someone with extensive experience working with young people.
We are looking for an energetic and inspired individual with an understanding of the youth/community sector with a strong background working with and empowering young people. You will come with a strong network and have experience in program development and management. In addition, you will also have:
- A degree in social work, psychology or equivalent
- Experience working in the youth or community sector
- Extensive experience in successful program development and management
- Strong understanding of the community sector service system
- Proven financial management skills and ability to interpret financial reports
- Thorough understanding of and commitment to Ethical Practice, EEO and WH&
- Current Drivers Licence
About the Y
YMCA NSW is a profit-for-purpose organisation focused on healthy living, social impact and empowering young people. We operate 22 recreation centres, 63 Out of School Hours Care services and two camping locations which fund our diverse range of community programs, employing 1800 staff across NSW.
Our goal is for our workforce to reflect the diverse community we serve. We encourage people of all genders, ages, religions, disability, sexual orientation, family & caring responsibilities & cultures including people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage to apply.
Commitment to Safeguarding
YMCA, including Boards of Directors, is committed to the safety and wellbeing of children and young people in accordance with our Safeguarding Children and Young People framework. YMCA requires that all applicants undergo satisfactory screening prior to commencement, including but not limited to:
- a national criminal history check;
- an international criminal history check where applicants have worked overseas;
- holding or obtaining a Working with Children Clearance/ equivalent in accordance with state/ territory laws;
- Two reference checks.
Please note, the results of any National and International Police Check will only be used to assess your suitability to perform the role.
Any successfully appointed applicant will be required to adhere to the Safeguarding Children and Young People framework, which includes a thorough safeguarding children and young people induction and committing to upholding the safety and wellbeing of children and young people throughout their engagement with YMCA.