Applications for this role are now closed. Please go back to view all available jobs.
- Location: Dee Why
- Work-type: Casual
- Category: Children's Services
- Expires: Nov. 24, 2019 at 10 p.m.
- Salary: $25 - $30 per hour
- Casual roles - various shifts available
- Help develop the minds of our future generation
- Have free time during the day to do as you please
We are looking for customer service driven Educators to join our team at Dee Why for various shifts between the hours of 6.30am-9.30am and 2.30pm-6pm, Monday to Friday. The role will also see you support our Elanora Service when required.
About your new role
Reporting to the Coordinator of the OSHC centre, you will be one of over 200 educators across NSW that provide engaging, fun and interactive activities for primary school aged children.
You can expect to join a supportive team and have adequate resources to deliver high quality and age appropriate programming for Children visiting our services.
As an inspiring and motivated educator, you are committed to meeting the needs of all children in our care, and connecting with their parents throughout their development.
- You will bring a service orientated approach to your role
- Have a positive and energetic outlook throughout your interactions with children, their parents and your peers
- Provide children with educational and interactive activities whilst maintaining a child safe, supportive and clean environment
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- HLTAID004 First Aid
- A current Working with Children Check
- Desirable talents and skills you may bring to the position may includesports skills, dance/yoga, performing arts talents, cooking/gardening interest to help build challenging and enjoyable programs within our programs.
About the Y
YMCA NSW is a profit-for-purpose organisation focused on healthy living, social impact and empowering young people. We operate 22 recreation centres, 63 Out of School Hours Care services and two camping locations which fund our diverse range of community programs, employing 1800 staff across NSW.
Our goal is for our workforce to reflect the diverse community we serve. We encourage people of all genders, ages, religions, disability, sexual orientation, family & caring responsibilities & cultures including people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage to apply.
Commitment to Safeguarding
YMCA, including Boards of Directors, is committed to the safety and wellbeing of children and young people in accordance with our Safeguarding Children and Young People framework. YMCA requires that all applicants undergo satisfactory screening prior to commencement, including but not limited to:
- a national criminal history check;
- an international criminal history check where applicants have worked overseas;
- holding or obtaining a Working with Children Clearance/ equivalent in accordance with state/ territory laws;
- Two reference checks.
Please note, the results of any National and International Police Check will only be used to assess your suitability to perform the role.
Any successfully appointed applicant will be required to adhere to the Safeguarding Children and Young People framework, which includes a thorough safeguarding children and young people induction and committing to upholding the safety and wellbeing of children and young people throughout their engagement with YMCA.