Outdoor Education Instructor
- Location: Yarramundi NSW
- Work-type: Casual, Part time & Full time
- Category: Camp
- Expires: Oct. 20, 2019 at 11 p.m.
- Run fun and energised outdoor adventure activities
- Be part of creating memorable experiences for our guests
- Located on the heritage listed Grose River in the beautiful Hawkesbury Valley
Our Outdoor Education Instructors are a team of passionate individuals who share their love of outdoor recreation with our camp participants and guests. They ensure each person leaves our camp sites with lasting memories, enhanced personal growth, a strengthened sense of community as well as feeling more connected to the natural world!
About your new role:
Reporting to the Programs Coordinator, your new role will involve instruction of adventure activities and group facilitation. You will help assist individuals and groups to achieve meaningful outcomes through the safe facilitation of YMCA NSW Outdoor Education Programs. Some of these program outcomes include confidence, team building, leadership, communication skills and critical thinking. You will also be required to conduct pre-program tasks such as safety checks and set up as well as group briefing.
The role will see you provide a high standard of customer service to our guests as well as supervision of meal service and camp facilities when required. You must be available at least 3 days per week, weekend work occasionally required.
To be successful in the role you will have
- Certificate III in Outdoor Recreation (desirable)
- Relevant industry experience (desirable)
- Senior First Aid and CPR
- Bronze Medallion (advantageous)
If you're an adventurous go-getter with a passion for motivating others, apply today!
Why the Y?
- Communal team dynamic operating inside and outside of work hours such as team building adventure activities
- Accommodation on site if required for late night shifts
- Competitive pay rates (up to $29.98 per hour for casual employees)
- Access to all YMCA NSW gym and pool facilities
About the Y
YMCA NSW is a profit-for-purpose organisation focused on healthy living, social impact and empowering young people. We operate 22 recreation centres, 63 Out of School Hours Care services and two camping locations which fund our diverse range of community programs, employing 1800 staff across NSW.
Our goal is for our workforce to reflect the diverse community we serve. We encourage people of all genders, ages, religions, disability, sexual orientation, family & caring responsibilities & cultures including people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage to apply.
Commitment to Safeguarding
YMCA, including Boards of Directors, is committed to the safety and wellbeing of children and young people in accordance with our Safeguarding Children and Young People framework. YMCA requires that all applicants undergo satisfactory screening prior to commencement, including but not limited to:
- a national criminal history check;
- an international criminal history check where applicants have worked overseas;
- holding or obtaining a Working with Children Clearance/ equivalent in accordance with state/ territory laws;
- Two reference checks.
Please note, the results of any National and International Police Check will only be used to assess your suitability to perform the role.
Any successfully appointed applicant will be required to adhere to the Safeguarding Children and Young People framework, which includes a thorough safeguarding children and young people induction and committing to upholding the safety and wellbeing of children and young people throughout their engagement with YMCA.