Applications for this role are now closed. Please go back to view all available jobs.
Swimming Instructor/Squad Coach
- Location: Bellingen,NSW
- Work-type: Casual
- Category: Recreation
- Expires: Oct. 20, 2019 at 10 p.m.
- Salary: $15 - $27
- Like being around water?
- Opportunities for Swimming Instructors and Squad Coaches
- Have flexible working hours across the 7 days of the week
We are now looking for Swimming instructors and Squad Coaches to come join the team at Bellingen, you will come with a passion for the water and an ability to teach essential skills about swimming. You should have availability to work Saturday mornings and 3pm to 6pm during the week when required. We will also require availability for various shifts during the school terms.
About your new role
Our Swimming Instructors are a happy bunch, every day they are teaching young people the essential skill of swimming. They love seeing those big wide smiles each day, as the children splash around having fun, while gaining confidence and becoming safe in and around the water.
All our team have the following qualities in common:
- Love the water
- Enjoy working with children
The Squad Coach is an essential component in the delivery of YMCA aquatic education programs and services. You are required to maintain thorough knowledge and understanding of all aspects of YMCA aquatic programs, educational trends and industry development. This role also entails;
- The delivery of safe, effective and professional sessions that progress the ability of students
- Maintaining a comprehensive knowledge of Coaching
- Ensuring that you are available to undertake every allocated squad for a minimum of 12 months
- Additional WHS, administration and planning of the Squad program
To be successful in this role, you will have
- Current CPR
- Current First Aid certificate
- Teacher of Swimming and Water Safety License
- Teacher of Towards Competitive Strokes/Teacher of Competitive Swimming
About the Y
YMCA NSW is a profit-for-purpose organisation focused on healthy living, social impact and empowering young people. We operate 22 recreation centres, 63 Out of School Hours Care services and two camping locations which fund our diverse range of community programs, employing 1800 staff across NSW.
Our goal is for our workforce to reflect the diverse community we serve. We encourage people of all genders, ages, religions, disability, sexual orientation, family & caring responsibilities & cultures including people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage to apply.
Commitment to Safeguarding
YMCA, including Boards of Directors, is committed to the safety and wellbeing of children and young people in accordance with our Safeguarding Children and Young People framework. YMCA requires that all applicants undergo satisfactory screening prior to commencement, including but not limited to:
- a national criminal history check;
- an international criminal history check where applicants have worked overseas;
- holding or obtaining a Working with Children Clearance/ equivalent in accordance with state/ territory laws;
- Two reference checks.
Please note, the results of any National and International Police Check will only be used to assess your suitability to perform the role.
Any successfully appointed applicant will be required to adhere to the Safeguarding Children and Young People framework, which includes a thorough safeguarding children and young people induction and committing to upholding the safety and wellbeing of children and young people throughout their engagement with YMCA.