Work Experience / Practical Hours
- Location: NSW,ACT
- Work-type: Work Experience
- Category: Work Experience
- Expires: Nov. 29, 2019 at 5 p.m.
About Work Experience/Practical hours
Each year we host many people who complete their student work experience hours or vocational placements. These are formal work experience arrangements that are part of an education or training course. Some of the courses that we commonly provide work experience for include:
- AUSTSWIM Teacher of Swimming and Water Safety
- Swim Australia Teacher
- Certificate III or IV in Fitness
- High School work experience
- Duke of Edinburgh
What we need from you
- Working with Children's Check - WWCC (18yrs and above for NSW)
- Working with Venerable People card - WWVP (For ACT)
- Provide photo ID
- Provide training documents from the institute/School
To be considered for Work Experience/Practical hours, you will need to go visit the location you wish to complete your hours/Work Experience with, and express your interest.
About the Y
YMCA NSW is a profit-for-purpose organisation focused on healthy living, social impact and empowering young people. We operate 22 recreation centres, 63 Out of School Hours Care services and two camping locations which fund our diverse range of community programs, employing 1800 staff across NSW and 3 sites in ACT.
Commitment to Safeguarding
YMCA, including Boards of Directors, is committed to the safety and wellbeing of children and young people in accordance with our Safeguarding Children and Young People framework. YMCA requires that all applicants undergo satisfactory screening prior to commencement, including but not limited to:
- a national criminal history check;
- an international criminal history check where applicants have worked overseas;
- holding or obtaining a Working with Children Clearance/ equivalent in accordance with state/ territory laws;
- Two reference checks.
Any successfully appointed applicant will be required to adhere to the Safeguarding Children and Young People framework, which includes a thorough safeguarding children and young people induction and committing to upholding the safety and wellbeing of children and young people throughout their engagement with YMCA.